I’m ba-ack. From my two-week stay on the Jersey Shore and New York, that is. Here are some highlights from my trip in no particular order:
- After obsessing and Instagram stalking the gourmet raw edible cookie dough restaurant, Do, I was finally able to sink my teeth into this New York-based foodie phenom. The batter is ridiculously delicious and lives up to the hype. There is, however, a 3-hour line so be a smart cookie (pun, people!) like me and get there at 9:45 a.m. and wait only 15 minutes like a boss.
- My brother gifted me a $48 bar of soap from Le Labo and while it’s effing preposterous a $48 bar of even soap exists, well, this soap is so yummily scented, milky and bubbly, I can’t believe I’ve survived thus far without it in my life. Trust me.
- Despicable Me 3 was downright stupid. Aside from the a spate of ’80s throwbacks, I kinda sorta hated it. My kids? They loved it. But they also have an affinity for black licorice and Dora The Explorer so you do the math.
- SHAMELESS PLUG: I started an Instagram page for my parents’ hotel, so please follow them over at @lamerbeachfrontinn because I SAID SO.
- I got another ear piercing at the Maria Tash piercing parlor! Can you say, “mid-life crisis game so strong”?
- I missed our new guinea pig, Cookie Dough Ice Cream, BIG TIME while we were away. I cannot get over the fact I’m weirdly infatuated with a spotted rodent.
- It is so hot in Miami right now, it feels as though we reside inside the devil’s ass crack. This has nothing to do with my trip but I had to get that off my (sweaty) chest!
Photos by Karla Garcia