You all know I ❤️ to shop small and support local so meet my latest handbag obsession: TAMBONITA. Based in Miami, the label is the brainchild of Tamara Aida Diaz who boasts an extensive background as a fashion stylist and visual artist. While styling in Los Angeles, she began a bracelet business, which led to the creation of her first TAMBONITA purse. Here are 5 quirky facts straight from Tamara:
1. My first language was Spanish
2. The TAMBONITA weave came from a DIY bracelet of weaving two chains together and then from there I expanded on the concept.
3. I used to work for MAXMARA
4. TAMBONITA started as an artist collective in LA, now it’s back in Miami where I was born
5. I upcycle CDs in the bag designs
You can shop my exact Shimmer Rainbow Bucket bag by clicking here.