My husband and I recently watched the vegan documentary Game Changers on Netflix and it has inspired us to eat less meat. Watch the movie and see what I mean. The premise of Game Changers? Meeting visionary scientists and top athletes, a UFC fighter embarks on a quest to find the optimal diet for human performance and health. The results are pretty mind blowing.
With this said, I’ve adopted a more vegetarian approach to my diet the past week and already feel less bloated and more energized (or is it because Mercury is in Retrograde?). With this said, I whipped up a batch of my mom’s kolokithokeftedes (Greek zucchini fritters). Here’s the recipe:
- 6 large zucchini grated with a large cheese grader
- 6 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 bunch (about 8) scallions, white and light green parts finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour (plus more if mixture is watery)
- Salt and pepper
- A few chopped fresh mint leaves
Mix all of the above ingredients together. Let sit for at least half an hour. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides and cooked through but still moist, about 2-3 minutes per side. Opa!