What to do with those bananas that are dying a slow death in your kitchen? Make me some banana bread! Duh.
I’ve never attempted to bake banana bread so I after a few Google searches and modifications of my own, here’s what I whipped up and it was delicious! It was super tasty and moist and the kids suggested I add milk chocolate chips next time, too.
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- half a bag of raw walnuts
Mix all of the above ingredients together and pour into buttered loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Enjoy!