This classic chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar Chex Mix recipe has been a beloved part of my kitchen for years ever since my friend Shelby introduced me to this American favorite. Amicably named Muddy Buddies, this sweet and crunchy dessert can be whipped up in under 10 minutes flat. For holidays, you can add colorful flair in the shape of M&Ms, candy corns, candy canes, pretzels and more. Let your imagination run wild, my friends.
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag or Tupperware.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag/container; shake until well coated. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.