When I stumbled upon the Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne at my local grocer, I was both mind blown and intrigued. How does the pasta cook? How does is taste? How is this gluten free? I had SO many questions. But I’m pleasantly surprised by this brilliant invention which makes cooking lasagna SO much easier — not to mention it’s ready-made nature makes cleanup way easier, too.
- 1 box Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 jars of traditional tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 16-ounce bag shredded mozzarella, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Ricotta cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté ground beef in olive oil until browned and crumbled. Add sauce and 2 cups of water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, pour in 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce, top with 3 sheets of lasagne. The sheets will expand while baking to the ends of the dish.
- Top the next layer with 1 ½ cups of meat sauce, 4-ounces of cheese mixture and some basil (if you have). Continue the same procedure for 3 more layers, but do not put cheese on the top layer.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, remove the foil and top with the remaining cheese. Place back into the oven and let cheese melt. Remove lasagne, then top with basil then let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.