Roasted chickpeas? I’m so IN! I saw this recipe on my girl’s Allegra‘s Insta stories (follow her at @VeryAllegra for a dose of glam and good eats) so I felt inspired to make it tonight. This recipe is from Tina Jeffers.
- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 4 cups sliced)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- tahini sauce
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans and place in a large bowl. Cut the cauliflower in half, remove the tough inner stem and break into florets. Thinly slice the florets and add to the bowl along with the tomatoes and lemon wedges. Add the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss to make sure everything is coated in the oil. I added broccoli too!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the vegetables over the top. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes stirring occasionally. The tomatoes should start to release their juices and the cauliflower starts to turn golden brown.
- To make the tahini sauce: Combine the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and cold water in a blender and puree until smooth. Taste. Add salt and pepper to taste, you may also want to add additional water if it’s too thick.
- Drizzle the tahini sauce over the top!