He’s changing Miami’s skyline — one skyscraper at a time. He’s the very definition of a bon vivant. He’s an inventor (Google “Dezervator”). And has an affinity for supercars and yachts. His tan cannot be beat. And he has a huuuuuuge soft spot for his two young daughters. I’m talking about the man, the myth, the legend, Gil Dezer.
For those of you not-in-the-know, Gil is an Israeli-American real estate developer. He also happens to be my husband’s BFF (why else would he agree to this blog post?). Raised in Tenafly, New Jersey, the UM grad resides in Sunny Isles, Florida and oversees Dezer Development — whose most recent projects include Residences by Armani/Casa and the Porsche Design Tower.
As Gil’s “only female friend,” I thought it would be pretty awesome to share 25 Things You Don’t Know About Gil Dezer with you all. And sorry, ladies, he’s taken. In fact, his stunning girlfriend Isma helped facilitate this very interview. Without further ado… enjoy!
- My diet is constituted by the following: Bread and potatoes twice a day, everyday.
- I’m a good singer and always humming beautiful love songs.
- People tell me I have a strong and positive mental attitude. From dealing with two broken legs to the financial crisis to the current pandemic — I always stay positive.
- I understand women very well as I’ve always been surrounded by them thanks to my mom, two sisters, Leslie and Estee, and two daughters. With this said, I have a solid capacity to understand them and talk to them.
- I have a passion for remote controls planes. I could go for hours flying them and inevitably breaking them into a million pieces.
- I have a genuine knack for operating machinery. From cars to boats — I love being behind the wheel.
- I often ride a Segway to work since all my real estate projects are within a 20-block radius of my home.
- I love Gumball 3000 rallies. In 2009, I won the fastest car in Gumball award and in 2017, I won the spirit of the Gumball award.
- People tell me I have an extremely funny personality. I’m always spouting off dirty jokes.
- I have a passion for cars and collect them.
- I have an extreme addiction for stupid iPhone videos games so I know to stay far, far away from Candy Crush.
- I have a short temper and like things done my way but I don’t stay angry.
- I enjoy spending my free time in the comfort of my home for dayssssss.
- I have sweet tooth for chocolate and weakness for Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- I am fond of the art of conversation. I can have a meaningful conversations with all walks of life — from CEOs to the garbage collector.
- I am extremely appreciative of the possessions I own and the people surrounding me.
- I do not embrace change or changing people. People who enter my life stay in my life for long periods of time.
- I have this innate sense to spot things that are out of place or wrong. I will find a way to either fix it or exploit it.
- I was born in Forest Hills Queens, New York, grew up in Tenafly, New Jersey and took over Miami in 1993 to attend the University of Miami.
- I can whistle a song in its entirety with my tongue and without moving my lips. That’s talent!
- My favorite movies are Goodfellas and Coming to America.
- My top vacation destinations are Harbor Island, Bahamas or the Maldives.
- My last meal on earth would be at Houston’s.
- I secretly love 90 Day Fiancé. Who’s with me?
- On my bucket list? To circumnavigate the world on my own mega yacht.